Last updated 24 March 2020
Hi, I’m Kerri, head content creator, writer and all-round Chief Website Officer for our successful travel website, Beer and Croissants. I’m also a blogging coach that would love to work with you to help you realise your own blogging achievements, whatever they may be.
I started Beer and Croissants in 2015, following the end of a long career in the corporate world.
I graduated from university with a Bachelor of Business (Accounting) and spent the first few years of my fledgling business career as an accountant. Working for brands such as Defiance Mills and Panasonic as a company accountant and later in London for a major food company.
A few contract roles following our time in London lead me to Australia Post, where I worked in and across many divisions including finance, product development and marketing, sales and retail operations.
As such, I have developed strong business, operations, and people leadership skills that are in an integral part of how I run my website. Knowing how to write is never enough.
- Lead a team of area managers, network planners, & merchandising managers and 1500 staff across a geographically diverse state.
- Lead and managed in excess of 780 postal outlets in Qld.
- Developed & executed the network strategies for changing customer needs & economic, political & community requirements.
- Drove a sales & service culture that consistently delivered results in a difficult retail environment, and on customer service programs inc Priority Customer and NPS.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to improve the revenue growth, operational performance, productivity levels & customer service of all channels.
- Forged & strengthened business partnerships with major customers and business political, industrial & community leaders to drive strategic business, customer & community initiatives.
- Created & fostered a workplace environment which drove employee engagement to national & global benchmark levels.
- Implemented & led a positive safety culture that resulted in a significant reduction of injuries
- Regular MC at corporate events (internal and external)
- Sponsor of the my Mentor program for women, Xplore Leadership Program
- Developed and executed the Men’s Mentor Program in Qld
You can check out my full Linked In profile here.
My business experience and now blogging experience evolved into blog coaching, where I now work with bloggers, journalists and small business to improve their own blogs.
I use my business skills to run my blog and I can use them to help yours too.
I also run several Facebook groups where the provision of advice, support and help to new bloggers and those needing a helping hand is given.
Associations and memberships
- Digital Influencer member of the Australian Society of Travel Writers
- Winner of the 2012 Laurie Cowled Scholarship for Women & attended Harvard Business School
- Past President of the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Alumni Board
- Past member of the QUT Council.
- Inaugural President of the QUT Learning and Potential FUnd Friends & Alumni Chapter
- Former Treasurer Fostering Executive Women
But I’m not all business. I do get to do other fun stuff as well. Part of coaching is understanding personalities, so here’s a sneak peek into mine.
- I am a workaholic and I have to be told (or warned) to stop working!
- I’m always asking a question about something that affects my website or business which often sees me going off down a rabbit hole to find the answer. Sometimes, it will make sense to me in the middle of the night.
- I come from a family with a strong insomnia gene. Luckily that one didn’t seem to get passed on to me, although I can still survive on much less sleep than the average person.
- I love animals and have a labrador that thinks she is a human. Perhaps it’s how we pamper her?
- I travel with my husband as often as we can and it always involves good food and wine.
- I love a good craft beer. The more hops the better.
- I love drinking good French champagne too. Actually, I’d settle for any kind of French champagne.
If you are interested in some private blog coaching, click here and we can get you started.