Your privacy is important to us
We want you to be safe online, but we need your details to provide our services.
It will advise the choices you have with regard to the use of this data and how you can address any inaccurate information.
Information collection, use, and sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email, or using the online forms on some articles. We also receive information from you if you directly contact us through this website https://www.beerrandcroissants.com. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us in the first instance. We will not share your information with any third party unless it is expressly notified beforehand, giving you the option not to proceed with the provision of your data, or as necessary to fulfil your request or as we are required by law.
The following information is collected as part of an automatic process by this website:
- Your IP address
- Your web browser type and version
- Your operating system
- A list of URLs relating to your activity on this site, which site you have been referred from what you do and where you go on this website and where you go to after leaving this website.
Your access to and control over your information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time, without question. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address at email@example.com
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Beer and Croissants engages in an email newsletter program. The emails requested to sign up for the newsletter are purely for communicating with you. We engage in a double opt-in process at the beginning, ensuring you are fully in control of this sign-up process and no-one else can sign you up. There is also a captcha process, ensuring we are checking for legitimate email addresses and minimising spam. Subscriptions via our newsletter service may also be opted out of at any time. Each email contains an unsubscribe option that immediately removes you from the database. It is easy to find and easy to use. Your details are
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. We use a reputable host to store our information who in turn use a secure environment managed by Amazon AWS. You can review their policy here if you wish.
Beer and Croissants website is https, with an SSL security certificate. You can also confirm this from the lock you will see at the top of your browser, alongside our web address.
Access to the back end of this website is password protected.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
This could include only showing you a popup once in your visit.
Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
If you are located in the EU, from 25 May 2018, before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be given a message requesting your consent to set those cookies (excluding strictly necessary cookies). You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies, but certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
This website may place the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies: These cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistical and analytical cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. They report information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Third party advertising
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing London travel ads to someone who has just bought airline tickets to London for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing sports ads to someone who frequents sports sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in firewall or virus software programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Effective May 2018